Dec 06, 2019
PROGRAM CODE: 27756
PROGRAM DIRECTOR: TBD
The curriculum presented here applies to students who started the major in Fall 2018 or Spring 2019. If you enrolled as a matriculant prior to that, please see the College Catalog for the year you started the major as a matriculant for the curriculum requirements that apply to you.
Consultation with the Program Advisor is required.
Upon successful completion of the Office Administration and Technology degree program requirements, graduates will:
- plan, design, create, and publish a website
- build e-commerce websites with appropriate security
- format web pages and arrange elements
- manage an efficient website
- add multimedia to web pages
- link web pages
- analyze websites critically
- organize and redesign websites that are meaningful, logistical, attractive, and functional to the user
- identify the laws that govern e-commerce activities as well as the different types of online payment options
- register website with search engines
Successful completion of CUNY Assessment Tests in Reading, Writing, and ACCUPLACER CUNY Assessment Test in Math with passing examination
scores, unless otherwise exempt, or developmental courses may be required.
Civic Engagement Experiences:
Two (2) Civic Engagement experiences satisfied by Civic Engagement Certified or Civic Engagement Component courses or approved outside
Writing Intensive Requirement:
One (1) Writing Intensive course in any discipline is required. Participation in a Learning Community that includes ENG 1200 or ENG 2400 also satisfies this requirement.
Required Core (4 Courses, 12 Credits):
When Required Core courses are specified for a category, they are strongly suggested and/or required for the major
* Note: You may elect to take a math or science course that is 4 credits or more. TAP counts 3 credits towards the requirements and the 4th credit as an elective.
Flexible Core (3 Courses, 9 Credits):
When Flexible Core courses are specified for a category, they are strongly suggested and/or required for the major
Select one (1) course from three (3) Groups A to E for a total of nine (9) credits.
Each Course Must be in a Different Discipline
A. World Cultures and Global Issues Designated Course
B. U.S. Experience in its Diversity Designated Course
C. Creative Expression Designated Course
D. Individual and Society Designated Course
E. Scientific World Designated Course
Note: You may elect to take a math or science course that is 4 credits or more. TAP counts 3 credits towards the requirements and the 4th credit as an elective.
Major Requirements (13 Courses, 38 Credits):
1 credit sufficient to meet required total of 60 credits