Room C-106, Ext. 5472
The Military and Veteran Affairs Office (MAVA) serves the needs of prospective and enrolled active military personnel, reservists, veterans, and their dependents, spouses and survivors. MAVA aids in the application and certification for students who are eligible to receive education benefits under various Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) programs. In this role, the MAVA team facilitates a smooth transition and reintegration into the college community. MAVA provides supplemental recruitment and retention efforts, various counseling and one-on-one advisement services, priority registration, academic program information, and certify eligible students to receive DVA education benefits while maintaining productive relations with the Veterans Administration and other agencies serving veterans. All active military personnel, reservists, veterans and their dependents, spouses and survivors receive priority enrollment at the College each semester.
The MAVA Team works closely with many campus departments and have created a Point of Contact (POC) bridge. The list of support offices and POC appointed for any inquiries can be found at https://www.kbcc.cuny.edu/veteranaffairs/Homepage.html
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), this school adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA. This school will not:
- Prevent nor delay the student’s enrollment;
- Assess a late penalty fee to the student;
- Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding;
- Deny the student access to any resources available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution, including but not limited to access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities.
However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:
- Produce the Certificate of Eligibility by the first day of class;
- Provide written request to be certified;
- Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies.
Contact the Military and Veteran Affairs (MAVA) Office with any additional questions.